Saturday, August 11, 2012

Back to School Activities

Classroom Freebies Manic Monday



Holy moly!  I can't believe summer has gone by so fast.  I find myself saying that every August.  Hehe..  I'm getting a lil excited though.  :)  Every year I use the same books to go over behavior, rules, expectations, yada yada.  This year, thanks to Pinterest, I was inspired to switch it up.  There are so many new books that I find it hard to keep up, but I chose these three to try start spicing up my back to school collection.



I bought them all on Amazon and they are all super cute.  The illustrations are amazing and the stories are all focused on specific student behavior.  My favorite part about the stories are that they all depict the character learning a lesson about behavior in a humorous kid friendly way.  If you want to check them out, click on the title and it will take you to the Amazon site.  I am borderline obsessed with Amazon.  It makes my life so much easier on so many occasions.  

I made a couple printables to go with the stories.  Since I don't know my kiddos yet, I tried to make them all so they could be adjusted to what they are capable of.  Students can illustrate or write their responses.  Most of my students came in writing sentences last year (thanks to our fabulous kindergarten teachers) so I shall see what this new batch is like very soon.  Click on the title to download.  Leave me a comment if there are any other great stories I should check out!  I hope everyone enjoys their last little bit of summer!










4 comments:

  1. I love it! Thanks for helping me switch it up this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recommendations - thanks! I found your blog through MM and am a new follower.

    Julie
    Math is Elementary

    ReplyDelete