Thursday, March 8, 2012

Read the Room - Venn Diagrams


Classroom Freebies Manic Monday


“Read the Room” has been one of my most popular centers this year.  The center basically had students roam the room with a clipboard and a “fancy” pointer (dollar magic wands and fly swatters) and record words that they recognized.  It was great for students who were trying to learn new words and needed additional support in that sense.  I felt that some of my students needed this to be more challenging, so I made these organizers that has them think about the words they are recording a little more critically.  We talk a lot about multiple meaning words and how many words can be more than one part of speech.  They are always up for a challenge and we use the venn-diagram sometimes to try to organize our understanding of this concept.  It has been a great tool for discussion and students have really enjoyed adding the activity to their center choices.  I also included one that has them locate words with long and short vowels, and words with long and short vowels.  I will try to post some samples soon, but let me know if you have any questions.  Click on the title to download.




~Abby



Clipart by Scrappin Doodles and fonts by Kevin and Amanda.


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing these! Very cute blog and I'm now your newest follower!
    Bobbie

    http://thedailycupcake-akindergartenblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this freebie! Great idea. I love write the room and this would be perfect for those who finish quickly. I am now your newest follower!

    Ashley
    Live2Learn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever way to do Read the Room!
    ~Jena

    ReplyDelete